Altrenogest 2.2mg/mL in a vegetable oil solution
For regulation and control of the breeding cycle of mares and the maintenance of pregnancy in habitually aborting mares, or mares at risk of early abortion.
• To induce ovulatory oestrus early in the breeding season in mares where some follicular activity exists.
• For the suppression of oestrus either during prolonged oestrus or in normally cycling mares.
• For the control of the ovarian cycle in the breeding mares to allow the most efficient use of the stallion.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Dosage for oral administration. Administer 1 mL OVU-MATE per 50 kg bodyweight (equivalent to 0.044 mg Altrenogest per kg) daily (12.5 mL per 625 kg mare).
1. FOR REGULATION AND CONTROL OF THE BREEDING CYCLE OF MARES
• For the induction of ovulatory oestrus or to induce cyclical ovarian activity in mares with some follicle activity early in the breeding season: administer Ovu- Mate daily for 10 consecutive days.
• For the suppression of oestrus in normally cycling mares: administer Ovu- Mate daily for 15 consecutive days.
• For the suppression of prolonged oestrus: administer Ovu-Mate daily for 10 consecutive days.
• To control the breeding cycle of mares to allow efficient use of the stallion: administer Ovu-Mate daily for 15 consecutive days.
2. FOR THE TREATMENT OF HABITUALLY ABORTING MARES, OR MARES AT RISK OF EARLY EMBRYONIC DEATH OR ABORTION
Administer Ovu-Mate daily, from the 2nd or 3rd day after ovulation in the mated or inseminated mare, continuing until day 120 of gestation.
Ultrasound scanning to confirm pregnancy is recommended on day 14 or 15 after ovulation. If the mare is nonpregnant, it is advised to cease Ovu-Mate administration and to administer an injection of prostaglandin F2 to destroy any luteal tissue that may still be present, allowing the mare to return to oestrus and be re-mated.
This product is not indicated for use in male horses. This product is contraindicated for use in mares suffering from uterine infections.
• Unused feed must be destroyed and not given to any other animals.
• Ovu-Mate must be added to the feed immediately prior to consumption and not stored.
MEAT WITHHOLDING PERIOD
DO NOT USE less than 28 days before slaughter for human consumption.
RACING/EVENT WITHHOLDING PERIOD
If used in performance animals, the regulations of the relevant authorities regarding medication should be observed.
Product is harmful if absorbed by skin contact, inhaled or swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Do not inhale. When using the product wear rubber gloves. After use and before eating, drinking or smoking, wash hands, arms and face thoroughly with soap and water. After each day’s use wash gloves. Care should be taken to avoid contact between the solution and women of child bearing age.
If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 131126 or in New Zealand 0800 764 766. Additional information is listed in the Material Safety Data Sheet available from RANDLAB AUSTRALIA in Australia phone (02) 9534 8207 or in New Zealand (09) 298 3072.
Dispose of empty container by wrapping with paper and putting in garbage.
Store below 25°C (Air conditioning). Protect from light.
APVMA Approval No. 65653/51503 (Australia)
ACVM A10159 (New Zealand)
SENASA No. 11-188 (Argentina)